You can order a repeat prescription by:
- ordering your repeat prescription online using Systmonline
- completing the right-hand section of your previous prescription form and post your request in the foyer
- Emailing the surgery on [email protected]
The easiest and fastest way to order your repeat prescription is online using Systmonline.
You need to register to use our online repeat prescription ordering service and you will need to contact the surgery – after 11.00am please.
All prescriptions go to your nominated pharmacy electronically and will usually be ready in 48 hours.
PLEASE DO NOT PHONE THE SURGERY UNLESS YOUR PRESCRIPTION IS OVERDUE OR HAS NOT BEEN RECEIVED BY YOUR PHARMACY.
We are keen to ensure that patients with ongoing medical problems are monitored regularly. If the date for your next review with a doctor or nurse has passed you will be asked to make an appointment.
NHS prescription charges and exemptions
Prescriptions on Holiday
If you run out of medicines while you are away from home, the following options are available to you:
- Speak to a local pharmacy – they may be able to give you an emergency supply. If you have any packaging or repeat slips, take them with you. There may be a charge.
- Visit a Walk In Centre or local GP – they will be able to give you a prescription for your medication.
- Call NHS 111
Prescribing Pre-Payment Certificate
If you know you’ll have to pay for a lot of NHS prescriptions, it may be cheaper to buy a prescription prepayment certificate (PPC) – effectively a prescription “season ticket”. A PPC covers all your NHS prescriptions, including NHS dental prescriptions, no matter how many items you need. For more information and to purchase a PPC, visit nhs.uk.
Prescriptions out of hours
If you run out of your medication when we are closed and need some urgently, contact your local pharmacy. They may be able to give you an emergency supply. Alternatively call NHS 111 for advice.